The world is coming to our doorsteps, courtesy Information Technology. IT holds the key to the future. It has shrunk the world to the click of a mouse. It has grown multifold in the last decade overpowering all other sectors. IT has enhanced the efficiency of business and administration and has taken operations to a new level. It finds relevance in almost all sectors, from mobile communication to online stores, from digital TV to Internet banking et al.
Scope of Information Technology
IT enabled information system is undergoing rapid evolution and is changing the landscape of Indian business. The sector includes software development, software management, consultancies, online services & Business Process Outsourcing.
Jobs scenario for IT Engineers
India's liberalization can possibly be ascribed to its IT industry. In the year 1991, the industry made transition from $100 mn & 5000 employees at the starting phase to nearly $80 bn & 3000000 employees today and is expected to surpass US $100 bn in next few years. All major IT companies prefer IT students as much as students of CSE branch.
IT scenario in Chhattisgarh
Govt. of Chhattisgarh has taken the initiative to develop Naya Raipur as IT hub. Global leaders like Microsoft, Google, Intel etc. and Indian giants as TCS, WIPRO, Infosys have already signed MoU with government and infrastructure has already started taking shape. Requirement of IT engineers in Chhattisgarh itself is explosive and promises a very bright future.
IT Engineering at SSIPMT
- All faculties are GATE qualified & highly experienced.
- Blending trendy technologies with University Curriculum for producing industry ready students.
- Frequent workshops and seminars are conducted by the industry veterans and specialists.
- Placement record rubs shoulders with that of the Computer Science Engineering closely enough.
- SSIPMT has tie-ups with leading companies such as Wipro, Softgalaxy, Mphasis, Capgemini for a variety of activities related to training and placement.
- Faculty Development Programs & workshops are conducted time to time to make sure that standard of teaching is held high enough.
The Department of Information Technology was established with a vision to develop quality engineers to
meet the current trends in the emerging world of Information Technology.
To be the best in imparting technical knowledge and skills to its students for the development of nation.To
provide reliable , modern technology and learning environment , so that the students can cultivate the
skills to accommodate the need of continuously changing progressively complex world and apply their
thoughts ethically .
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will develop the knowledge of basic science in general and information technology in particular, with essential skills to analyze, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- Graduates will have attitude for life long learning so that they will be able to create novel products and solutions for the real life problems.
- Graduates will emerge as professionals with strong ethical values and will be able to work in multidisciplinary environment.
- Graduates will be able to take up challenges and lead IT organizations with their innovative software and hardware skills.
- Graduates will develop technical reliability and appropriate leadership skills contributing not just to their professional growth but the societal growth at large.
- Graduates will develop logic and programming skills through immersion in the fundamental programming.
- Graduates are well equipped with the knowledge of computer database management, the design of operating system and inter process communication.
- Graduates will be educated with the information of complete computing system and the modern concept within the industry.
- Graduates will have an ability to identify the basic problems and implement innovative idea with engineering skills to provide better solution for society.
- Graduates will develop confidence for making self learning environment for life long learning and sustainability.
- Graduates are expected to have sound knowledge in latest technologies and will be able to solve problems that arise in latest trends in technology.
- Graduates will have knowledge in different streams of Engineering, mathematics, applied science and will be able to do multidisciplinary tasks.
- Graduates will demonstrate skills to use modern engineering tools and software to analyze complex problems.
- Graduates with leadership quality should have effective communication skill in both verbal and written form.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Graduates will participate and succeed in competitive examinations.
All graduates of any higher education programs are expected to have identified technical/ functional,
generic and managerial competencies. The competencies that a graduate of a program should have are
called Graduate Attributes. The Graduate Attributes of Engineering Programs as identified by NBA
(January 2013) are
- Engineering knowledge : Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and
an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis : Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems
reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering
- Design & Development of solutions : Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design
system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public
health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Investigations of complex problems : Use research-based knowledge and research methods including
design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid
- Modern tool usage : Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern
engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an
understanding of the limitations.
- Engineer and society : Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health,
safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering
- Environment and sustainability : Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in
societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable
- Ethics : Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the
- Individual and team work : Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse
teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication : Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering
community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and
design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Life-long learning : Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in
independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Project management and finance : Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and
management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage
projects and in multidisciplinary environments.