Electronics and Telecommunication is a branch dealing with the design of electronic devices like chips, microprocessors, VLSI design, embedded systems etc. It also includes communication part which primarily focuses on the sharing and transfer of information from one place to another. All the companies manufacturing local wrist watches, washing machines, refrigerators, LED TVs, huge turbines, smart phones, marine ships, train, airplanes and all chip designing companies, automobile manufacturing giants recruit Electronics and Telecommunication graduates.
Scope of Electronics & Telecommunication
- Electronic (core) jobs: There are tremendous job opportunities for an ET&T engineer in their core fields. Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL), Intel, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Philips Semiconductors, Texas Instruments, LG, Nokia, AMD, CISCO, Nvidia, HP and IBM are just few names to mention.
- Software (IT) Job: 3i Infotech, Amazon, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Hexaware, HCL Technologies, iGate, Infosys, ITC Infotech, L&T Infotech, Mindtree, Sasken, TCS, ThoughtWorks, Wipro, Mphasis, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, Capgemini.
- Higher studies: Engineering graduates can do masters (Engineering and Management) from premier institutes of India like IITs, IISc, IIMs, etc. and also from foreign universities like Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stanford University, University of Cambridge, etc.
- Entrepreneurship: Electronic engineers can start their own business by manufacturing electronic parts, goods and components. Electronics gives high returns on initial investment.
Electronics & Telecommunication at SSIPMT
- Maximum faculties are top rankers in GATE exam.
- WIPRO MISSION 10X TECHNOLOGY LEARNING CENTRE, the only one in Chhattisgarh state to address the EMPLOYABILITY issue.
- Maximum placements in SSIPMT is from Electronics & Telecommunication branch
Placement at ET&T, SSIPMT, Batch 2011-15
- TCS: 14
- Tech Mahindra: 12
- Genpact: 18
- igate: 8
- Mphasis: 6
- Persistent System: 3
- Wipro: 7
- KPIT: 7
- Way2Capital: 4
- Cocubes: 4
Other students qualified in competitive examinations like GATE, CAT etc. to pursue higher education.
To provide quality and value based education offering
higher education, emphasizing on advancement of
Knowledge and pursuit of excellence, enabling students
to develop skills to understand and solve complex
problems and formation of good citizens through
Community service learning program.
To become eminent research department, cultivate
professional ethics among student and have global impact
by providing excellent education to meet the industrial and
social requirements of new era.
Program Educational Objective
- Graduates will be capable of integrating electronics fundamentals and advanced knowledge to solve complex problems in various fields of electronics engineering.
- Students will develop professional programming skills that prepare them for industry and for life-long learning in advanced areas of electronics, computer science and related fields.
- Graduates will exhibit leadership and vision in contributing to the technical and policy decisions in their professional environment.
- Graduates will demonstrate problem-solving abilities that permit them to contribute in a variety of technical, academic and research careers and also to establish as an entrepreneur.
- Graduates will participate in lifelong-learning activities that enhance their professional and personal development in diverse, global, and multidisciplinary environments.
- To apply the knowledge on Mathematics, Science and Engineering
concepts in Complex Engineering problems.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system,
process, component, or program to meet desired needs
- To understand professional, ethical and social responsibilities as
experts in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To communicate effectively to both the peers and the others and give as
well receive clear instructions.
- Learn how to identify and analyze society problems & innovative
business opportunities, assessing the viability of concepts
- To function effectively either as a member or a leader.
- To apply engineering & management principles effectively in
- Realize the need for lifelong learning and engage them to adopt
- Ability to participate and succeed in competitive examinations.
- 10. Ability to use modern engineering tools, software and equipment to
- Examine the impact of engineering solutions in global and
environmental contexts and utilize the knowledge for sustained
- An ability to become an entrepreneur or to contribute to industry or
Government organizations in Electronics and Communication
Engineering & related fields
- Engineering knowledge
- Problem analysis
- Design & Development of Solutions
- Investigation of Complex Problem
- Modern tool usage
- Engineer and society
- Environment & sustainability
- Individual & team work
- Lifelong learning
- Project management & finance