Computer Science Engineering is one of the most lucrative branches among all engineering streams. This branch studies the design, analysis, implementation and application of computation and computer technology. Computer Science is a breed of science that constitutes numerous fields like Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Crime, Network Security, Forensic Science, Neuro Science, Robotics, Image Processing, Copy right protection, simulation and modeling, business, law & medical etc.
Scope of Computer Science Engineering
This is an excellent field to have opportunities in software companies, web application, mobile gaming, video games, mobile applications, embedded system, virtual reality, animation, wireless network, enterprise computing, database system, computer security etc.
Jobs at Core companies for Computer Science Engineers
Government organizations like DRDO, ISRO, ONGC, ECIL, BHEL, SAIL, IRCTC, DMRC, IOCL, CHIPS, NIC etc. and numerous MNCs like Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Amazon, IBM, Facebook, Oracle, Samsung, LG, Cisco, Infosys, TCS, WIPRO, Tech Mahindra, Accenture etc. are offering jobs to computer engineers.
Computer Science Engineering at SSIPMT
- Highly qualified & experienced faculties.
- Maximum faculties are GATE rankers/qualified.
- Faculties mentor students for exams like GATE, OCJP, MCP, OCA, CCNA etc.
- State-of-the-art labs, best infrastructure, dedicated facilities for AKASH Tablet Project, Spoken Tutorial and E-yantra – all powered by IIT, Bombay.
- Department has professional tie-ups with companies like TCS, ORACLE, Softgalaxy, Iternet Business Japan to provide excellent training platform for students.
- Department is associated with Professional bodies like CSI, IEEE and ACM to organize and host National level Workshops, Seminars, Student Conventions & Technical Competitions.
- Majority of our ex-students are employed with multinational companies like TCS, WIPRO, Tech Mahindra, Persistent, Syntel, Accenture etc.
- To impart quality education in tune with the quality teaching learning process.
- Provide a better environment to encourage and support for innovative research and Development.
- Developing linkage with industry-academia relationship for overall improvement of students.
To produce innovative Engineers with the knowledge of latest trends and research technologies to meet the developing needs of industry and Society.
Program Education Objectives (PEO's)
- Graduates will have a strong foundation in mathematical, scientific and computer engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems.
- Graduates will be equipped with technical knowledge and professional attitude to solve complex problems and to work in multidisciplinary environment, whose solutions lead to significant societal benefits.
- Graduates will develop an overall personality and will be competent in managerial skills and effective communication to be a successful professional and Entrepreneur.
- Graduates will have exposure to designing, programming, software testing and data analysis along with innovation and research.
- Graduates will be employable and industry-ready as well as grow as life-long learner understanding and applying new ideas.
- An ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design
of computer based systems.
- An ability to identify, analyze , formulate a problem and use computing requirements appropriate to its result.
- An ability to exhibit excellent programming , logical, analytical and complex problem solving ability.
- An ability to endeavor innovations with a substantial fundamental knowledge aiming the career in research and development .
- Graduates will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to contrive entrepreneurship with managerial skills and catalyst leadership for professional and ethical responsibility .
- An ability to understand contemporary issues and to get engaged in continuing professional development and life long
- An ability to participate and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE, CAT etc that offer challenging career.
- An ability to use current technologies and research oriented tools for computing practice .
- An ability to function efficiently on multi-disciplinary environment.
- Engineering knowledge
- Problem analysis
- Design & Development of Solutions
- Investigation of Complex Problem
- Modern tool usage
- Engineer and society
- Environment & sustainability
- Individual & team work
- Lifelong learning
- Project management & finance