Mechanical engineering is one of the broad based and oldest branches of engineering encompassing areas of materials, machines, energy, fluid, design and manufacturing. Mechanical engineers design machines and mechanical systems, engines, motor vehicles, aircrafts, satellites, power plants, building energy systems, manufacturing systems, robots, control systems, medical equipment, and consumer products.
Scope of Mechanical Engineering
Private sector establishments like manufacturing companies including Reliance Industries, Hindustan Unilever, Hindalco Industries, TATA Steel, L&T, etc., automobile industry including Tata Motors, Maruti Suzuki, Bajaj Auto, Hero Moto Corp, power plants, software giants and the prestigious Indian Armed Forces recruit mechanical engineers.
Besides, the branch also holds promising future potential for pursuing higher studies and research work in the fields like Design, Manufacturing, Production, Thermal, Energy, Aerospace, Mechatronics, Biomechatronics, Robotics, MEMS, etc.
Jobs at Core companies for Mechnical Engineers
1. Mechanical engineers are employed in top Govt. industries like
2. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
3. Coal India Limited
4. Indian Oil Corporation Limited
5. NTPC Limited
6. NTPC Limited
To prepare the next generation of leaders in the field of
Mechanical Engineering to create, explore and develop
innovations in engineering, science and technology so that
they can serve society and nation.
To be recognized as a center of excellence in education,
training, research and innovation to produce successful
entrepreneurs and engineers to meet current and future
Mechanical Engineering at SSIPMT
The department has state of the art laboratories and infrastructure providing a suitable environment for becoming a successful engineer. Department is consistent in giving excellent university results. Salient features of the department are;
- Excellent results
- Maximum teachers are GATE rankers/ qualified
- 15 students qualified GATE-2014
- Training on modern softwares such as Pro-e, solid works
- Placements in companies like TCS, TechMahindra, SSC, Hira Group, ACC Cement etc.
- Professional certification courses are offered
- Routine workshops on automation and robotics
- Live demonstration and training on topics like refrigeration, air-conditioning, internal combustion engines etc.
Programme Educational Objectives(PEOS)
- To prepare graduates with a concrete foundation in engineering, Science and Technology for a successful career in Mechanical Engineering.
- To equip graduates with social, moral and ethical values so that they become successful engineers and responsible leaders of the nation.
- To develop efficient professionals with superior technical expertise and necessary motivation who are proficient in providing tailor-made solutions to industry.
- To prepare graduates to become effective collaborators, innovators and successful entrepreneurs capable of addressing social, technical and engineering challenges.
- To equip graduates with multi-disciplinary knowledge, modern mechanical software tools awareness and effective managerial skills to craft industry ready engineers.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve simple and
complex mechanical engineering problems.
- The ability to use engineering principles to design an innovative system, component
or process to meet desired needs and to become successful entrepreneurs.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management
principles to apply in multidisciplinary areas as a member or leader.
- Function professionally and with ethical responsibility as an individual and on
- An ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including
graphically, to a general audience and a technically advanced community.
- Will have professional and personal development through lifelong learning process.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments and to analyze and interpret data to meet
desired result with economic, environmental and social constraints.
- Identify and understand contemporary issues.
- Be able to solve problem by identifying and formulating mechanical engineering
problems by using modern mechanical tools.
- Inclination to get higher studies and active involvement in research work.
- To understand industry related man power problem and make them ready.
- Engineering knowledge
- Problem analysis
- Design & Development of Solutions
- Investigation of Complex Problem
- Modern tool usage
- Engineer and society
- Environment & sustainability
- Individual & team work
- Lifelong learning
- Project management & finance