Civil Engineering is one of the most diverse professions. Civil Engineers are needed to design and create new structures and also, for their lifelong maintenance. They have the biggest opportunity to serve the society. They have the privilege to provide a strong foundation for the overall development of the country.
The requirement of Civil Engineers is constantly on the rise owing to rapid urbanization and rural development policies of our country. There will be tremendous development in India in the coming decades which will include development of roads, railways, airports, canals, transmission lines, shipping and ports and construction of commercial complexes, residential apartments, technology parks, multilane highways, expressways, flyovers etc. .
There are ample job opportunities for Civil Engineers in a variety of companies with excellent pay packages in India as well as in foreign countries. Students of civil engineering can prepare for PSUs PSC, UPSC, IES, Banks and enjoy lucrative jobs. They can also go for advance researches in the various fields like Structural Engineering, Soil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Earthquake Resistant Designing, Transportation Engineering, Water Resources Engineering etc. which gives excellent international scope for placements. Companies which recruit civil engineers are all cement companies like ACC, Ambuja, Lafarge etc., steel manufacturing companies such as TATA Steel, SAIL, Hira Group etc., power plants and it includes an endless list of commercial establishments & businesses.
To be a pioneer in the field of civil engineering and contribute constructively towards regional, national and global development.
1. To create and sustain an academic environment that will equip students with value based engineering knowledge.
2. To create broad sets of skills and inquisitive attitude that will enable them to apply innovative ,creative & ethical thinking.
3. To take on the responsibilities and challenges of core and multidisciplinary professional working environment and work for betterment of society.
1. Graduates can build up technical & research skills to study civil Engineering problems and be able to effectively apply in practice & deliver innovative solutions.
2. Graduates will be capable of working effectively and ethically in professional environment for sustainable development
3. Graduates will successfully achieve jobs in government and private sector and also develop leadership skill and emerge as an entrepreneur.
1. Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
By the completion of Civil Engineering program the student will have the following Program Specific Outcomes
|PSO1||Understanding and applying the knowledge of survey, estimation and design concerned with civil engineering projects, to function as site engineers & design consultants in construction industry.|
|PSO2||Sensitizing the students towards, societal needs of water in context with treatment process, and safe use for sustainable development|