Civil Engineering is one of the most diverse professions. Civil Engineers are needed to design and create new structures and also, for their lifelong maintenance. They have the biggest opportunity to serve the society. They have the privilege to provide a strong foundation for the overall development of the country.
Scope of Civil Engineering
The requirement of Civil Engineers is constantly on the rise owing to rapid urbanization and rural development policies of our country. There will be tremendous development in India in the coming decades which will include development of roads, railways, airports, canals, transmission lines, shipping and ports and construction of commercial complexes, residential apartments, technology parks, multilane highways, expressways, flyovers etc. .
Jobs for Civil Engineers
There are ample job opportunities for Civil Engineers in a variety of companies with excellent pay packages in India as well as in foreign countries. Students of civil engineering can prepare for PSUs PSC, UPSC, IES, Banks and enjoy lucrative jobs. They can also go for advance researches in the various fields like Structural Engineering, Soil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Earthquake Resistant Designing, Transportation Engineering, Water Resources Engineering etc. which gives excellent international scope for placements. Companies which recruit civil engineers are all cement companies like ACC, Ambuja, Lafarge etc., steel manufacturing companies such as TATA Steel, SAIL, Hira Group etc., power plants and it includes an endless list of commercial establishments & businesses.
Civil Engineering at SSIPMT
- Experienced & highly qualified faculties
- Seasoned visiting faculties
- Imparts training of important softwares such as Staad Pro, Auto CAD, MX Roads, etc.
- Special attention to students for their academic growth
- Increased exposure to students through visits/ internships/ trainings in organizations like Tata Projects, L&T, DLF, ACC, PWD, Irrigation etc.
- Conducts seminars and workshops on new trends
Mission of the Department
To create and sustain an academic environment that will equip students with value based engineering knowledge, broad sets of skills and inquisitive attitude that will enable them to apply innovative, creative & ethical thinking to take on the responsibilities and challenges of core and multidisciplinary professional working environment and work for betterment of society.
Vision of the Department
To be a pioneer in the field of civil engineering and contribute constructively towards regional, national and global development.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- Graduates will develop an understanding of fundamentals and principles of basic sciences and civil engineering
- Graduates can build up vital research skills to study civil engineering problems and be able to deliver innovative solutions.
- Graduates will have team building abilities and will be capable of working effectively and ethically in multi disciplinary professional environment.
- Graduates will understand the importance of sustainable development and implications of civil engineering projects on the society and the environment.
- Graduates will demonstrate problem solving skills necessary to achieve leadership position in any professional organization or local/ state engineering board or to emerge as an entrepreneur.
- An ability to apply knowledge of basic sciences and engineering.
- An ability to apply concepts of civil engineering in real life problems.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments and to analyze, interpret and present experimental data.
- Ability to prepare drawings and project reports with given specifications, standard norms and field work.
- Ability to analyze engineering problems & provide solutions using modern civil engineering software's and tools.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- An ability to understand basic concepts and problem solving processes used in management
- An ability to understand the concept of sustainable development & focus on various environmental issues and contribute towards better environment
- An ability to have an understanding of ethical responsibility along with professionalism
- Engineering knowledge
- Problem analysis
- Design & Development of Solutions
- Investigation of Complex Problem
- Modern tool usage
- Engineer and society
- Environment & sustainability
- Individual & team work
- Lifelong learning
- Project management & finance